How do you know when it is time for another lap around a fresh continent or a second backpacking extravaganza? Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether you are truly inching towards taking a second long term trip. Here are some signs that you have fallen under the travel spell again.
- Your “First Time” travel guidebooks have found their way onto your desk.
- Maps are splayed out again with countries whimsically circled in pink highlighter.
- You seem to have started to save for travel once more. Who setup that auto-draft payment into your travel account? Yep, that’s right, your subconscious traveler girl did.
- The lease is running low and you do not totally care.
- The Craigslist’s “rent” tab is colored purple…for Mexico.
- Your current surroundings are making you feel a little too comfortable, a bit stagnant. The routines which previously gave you comfort are now making you a tad upset.
- Something inside of you is yearning to see a different horizon—that gut feeling you had on the first go around is surfacing again.
- Seeing National Geographic Traveler on the rack at the grocery store checkout gets you very emotional and on the verge of tears.
- Memories of your previous travels are stronger than normal; you see yellow school buses and wish they were chicken buses painted wild colors blaring Latin pop music.
- You have taken to satisfying the urge to travel with smaller hops and jaunts—a weekend trip here, a small visit to a friend in the city…yet it is still not enough.
Extreme signs you gotta hit the road again:
- You have already mock packed a bag, just in case.
- You have cleaned out your closet, brought things to Goodwill, and oddly enough rented a storage unit…
- You have looked up visa requirements in certain countries of interest in your downtime at work.
You are in denial girlfriend. It is okay that the wanderlust bug bit you and refuses to let go. Even if you are no longer 20 years old and on your first trip, don’t deny yourself the feelings of wanting to travel! Experience the symptoms, realize the cure for the crash is the drug itself. Commit to yourself and travel this world. Be brave and know that it is okay to take another trip. Actually it is more than okay…it is your right and duty to live a magical travel life.
Go baby girl, go!