So you’re planning a trip to Mexico. This is an exciting time to plan a Mexican vacation south of the border. There’s so much to love about this cultural paradise, the white sand beaches, the ancient sites, and so much more. That’s why Mexico is quickly becoming one of the top destination stops for tourists from around the world.
There’s a lot to choose from when you’re planning your trip to Mexico. From all-inclusive resorts to luxurious villas, what’s the best option for your needs? The latest trend is to skip the expensive resort and to rent a vacation villa! There are a lot of perks to choosing a villa rather than a traditional hotel room, but the biggest one is getting to experience the culture as a bit of a temporary local. These villas are much more ingrained in the community, and you’ll experience a different side to this beautiful country.
In this guide, we’ll share the best tips for renting the perfect vacation villa in Mexico. No matter how many people you’re traveling with or where you’re planning to go, there’s a villa that’s right for you. Let’s discover your dream villa right now.
Why Choose a Villa?
First, let’s talk about why you need to ditch the all-inclusive resorts in favor of a Mexican villa. Let’s be honest, it’s hard to give up these resorts. The infinity pools, swim-up bars, and on-site restaurants really are good fun. However, the perks of choosing a villa far outweigh these small luxuries:
- More Size – The first perk is you simply have more room. If you’re traveling with friends or family, that small hotel room just doesn’t cut it. Many villas come with extras like a washer/dryer on site as well as a kitchen so you can make some food on your own. This saves you both money and time without compromising on space.
- Flexibility – When you stay in an all-inclusive resort, there’s pressure to stick with their schedule, plans, and activities. There’s no push to explore the world outside of the resort.
- Cultural Experience – Many Mexican villas feel like they fit perfectly in the city they’re in. They’re an extension of the culture, and staying in one gives you a new perspective on what it means to explore Mexico.
- Privacy – Finally, you have so much more privacy. There’s no sharing common areas with other guests, you have everything to yourself.
As you can see, there are many reasons to choose a villa over a hotel room. The days of traveling in hotel rooms only are in the past. It’s time to make the switch for good. You’ll be glad you did.
Types of Villas in Mexico
Now that you know why you should choose a villa, let’s talk about the different types you’ll uncover in your search. As you can imagine, these range from economy to luxurious. The more luxurious villas will likely be in coveted locations, like on the beach or in the heart of the cultural center of the city. The budget-friendly villas might be in more local areas, like a local neighborhood or outside of the city.
What you choose will likely depend on your budget. Start with the following criteria to make sure you find exactly what you’re looking for:
- Number of Rooms
- Must-Haves (beach view, pool, etc.)
From there, you’ll be ready to start your search. Remember that you might have to compromise on some things depending on the time of year you visit as well as your budget. However, there’s a perfect fit out there for everyone.
Where to Find Your Villa
Now onto the fun part: finding your villa. Your search will be based mostly on the type of villa you decided to look for according to the criteria above. If you’re searching for a luxury villa, you’ll probably want to start on a luxury retreat website in your destination region, like these Cancun villas to rent.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly experience, look no further than Airbnb or another budget travel platform. You’ll likely find a wide variety on these platforms, so don’t be afraid to search by price and location.
Enjoy Mexico as a Local
When you stay in a villa, you get to see Mexico as a local. You have all the perks of living at home with all of the excitement of staying somewhere as culturally rich as Mexico. With so much to see and do here, you’ll wonder whether you really want to leave.
Start planning your Mexican vacation today with these villa search tips above. There’s something for everyone, but now it’s up to you to find your dream villa.
Have you been to Mexico? What part?