Break out the bubbly, it’s our 100th post!
In celebration of this Go! Girl Guides milestone (and because we love any excuse to celebrate!), here’s a recap of some fun travel stories we’ve shared with you these past few months.
Still fresh and growing, Go! Girl Guides was born from a dream and we’ve had a blast making it a reality.
Thank you for all your support and consistent readership.
Ready, Set, Go!
Remember your first travel experience? We bet it was amazing! If you’re still waiting for that extra push to get out there, we have just the right reads to help you do it.
- First thing’s first: Get that passport up to date! Here’s an easy step-by-step to get you started.
- Need some advice on how to leave a job behind, when traveling’s on the mind? Here’s how to make a clean break, keeping it on good terms, respectfully.
- Maybe you need a little more inspiration from our female travel ancestors who took the plunge many moons ago? Sarah gave us her Top 5 Inspirational Female Travelers… “Where in the World is Carmen San Diego” ring a bell?
- Ready to get those pretty little hands dirty?! Look into WOOFing! After starting in the 1970’s, this work-exchange program has turned into quite a travel phenomenon.
- And if you’re landlocked, here’s a fun quiz to help unveil your ideal travel adventure, through film.
Love and Travel
It’s never easy to say good-bye, and modern technology means you don’t really have to. Instant messaging, video chat, even good old fashioned snail mail make long distance love do-able, if that’s what you decide.
- Kelly shares her insight on leaving a partner behind, while Rease discusses the possibilities of bringing them with you, playing long-distance or calling it quits. Decisions, decisions…
- Would you make up having a boyfriend or girlfriend to get out of a sticky situation? We spill the beans on the pseudo-boyfriend white lie while traveling.
Keeping Yourself Healthy
- Women’s health is a high priority to us, especially when traveling. But being out and about can have its effects the body, leading to messed up sleeping patterns and missed periods. Your best bet is to listen to your body to keep it happy.
- Bed Bugs! Eek! Here is everything you need to know about these little critters and how to keep them away!
Now pour yourself a nice glass of something and let’s enjoy the 100th Go! Girl Post celebration together!
Special thanks to our contributors: Ariel, Camille, Carla, Christina, Claire, Dawn, Hayley, Julie, Kat, Lindsay, Rease and Sarah! All your hard work has gotten us to this point.
We are excited to unleash the Go! Girl Guide to Thailand and it’s coming together nicely! Stay tuned, you will be the first to know when it’s done!
We believe that travel can be both stimulating and affordable.
We believe in having adventures that change lives.
We believe that every woman has the power within them to do extraordinary things.
So…. let’s do them!